- Fixed term to 31st December 2024
- 1 September 2022
Employability Engagement Officer Economic Growth & Investments
About Advance Northumberland
Advance Northumberland is a Property Investment, Estate Management and Development Company. Building new homes for rent and sale, attracting investment and business growth, managing delivery of major projects, providing a diverse portfolio to support businesses and regeneration and helping you find a place to call home.
We are looking for an experienced Business Growth and Investment Manager to join our Economic Growth and Investment Team. The Economic Growth and Investment Team have an established track record as a provider of inward investment and business support services, including start-up and growth programmes. We continue to provide comprehensive support to businesses across the County and are funded through a combination of operating profits from our commercial activities and external grant funding.
Your new role
Working in partnership with the wider delivery partners in the North of Tyne, Advance Northumberland group, our shareholder Northumberland County Council, clients and multiple stakeholders, the role will specifically play a leading part in integrating businesses into employability support landscape in the North of Tyne to create job opportunities. The successful candidate will help deliver skill development activity and promoting Northumberland as a prosperous business destination to not only support indigenous businesses within the region to grow but also to help secure potential inward investment opportunities for Northumberland.
If you are driven, ambitious and effective team player who is passionate about influencing the Northumberland economy and shaping the support that Advance Northumberland provides, then this role is fore you.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Deliver high quality and effective services to meet the needs of businesses within Northumberland
- Engage employers in the delivery of regular employability activity
- Support the development of key employment led regeneration projects across Northumberland
- Identify barriers to employment and support businesses to overcome those to achieve job safeguarding and creation
- Work in partnership with employment activity providers to coordinate efforts and intelligence
- Maintain strong relationships with businesses and partners to drive economic growth
- Represent Advance Northumberland as required at meetings and events.
To succeed in this role
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate key skills and experience in the following key areas:
- Detailed knowledge of business needs relating to recruitment, training and workforce planning
- Detailed understanding of employment and training support and opportunities available through employment pathways available to employers
- Working in partnership and with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service approach
- Knowledge and understanding of key labour market, employment trends and business base of Northumberland and the North of Tyne area.
What we offer in return
We care about our colleagues and their wellbeing and have been nationally recognised for this. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. We focus on our colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around! Here is an example below on what you can expect:
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flu Jab
- Group life assurance
- Reduced cost gym membership
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced Family friendly policies
- Flexible working options, including hybrid working
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability and interest in the post to email@example.com
Closing date: 1st September 2022
Interviews will be held on the 15th September 2022
£25-35k depending on experience
(Appointment subject to approval)
For an informal discussion please contact Michael Harriott, Senior Business Growth and Investment Manager on 07890052738/ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your application, please email email@example.com
We will Advance Northumberland's economic prosperity, regenerate communities, improve livability and create a more connected and aspirational County
Get in touch to see how we can support you and your business.Contact us