- Full Time
- 19 August 2022
Senior Project Manager Commercial and Infrastructure Development
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join the team, to work on a range of prestigious projects across a number of sectors (Town centre regeneration, Education, Leisure, Retail, Marine and Residential).
Your new organisation
Advance Northumberland is an arms-length development company with strategic and operational influence to drive economic development, physical regeneration projects, and business growth in Northumberland.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Project Management and Director of Commercial and Infrastructure to deliver this organisations growth strategy including all project management activity in relation to commercial and infrastructure development.
Advance Northumberland also play a vital role delivering Regeneration and Capital Projects on behalf of Northumberland County Council and have committed projects totalling £130m and a strong pipeline of future prospects.
Your new role
You will work in our Developments team, to lead and / or support capital projects varying in value, scale, use and complexity from concept/feasibility through to operational handover.
You will work with and support the Head of Project Management in the delivery of projects within complex stakeholder environments, which will cover a variety of sectors and projects inclusive of retail, leisure, commercial, residential and industrial.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a lead role in exciting projects including the Regeneration of Blyth Town Centre, Northumberland Energy Park and the delivery of Leisure Centre, Theatre and Cinema Builds projects across the County of Northumberland.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Manage the planning and implementation of projects including advising on project scope, budget, programme, goals and deliverables.
- Manage project budget and report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all health and safety and quality assurance procedures are followed.
- Assess and understand project constraints, risks and key stakeholder interest.
- Assess suitability of development sites in cooperation with Head of Investments.
- Identify resource requirements and progress the project through the RIBA Workstages, achieving agreed deadlines.
- Procurement of consultants, surveys and contractors – in accordance with public regulations, including OJEU
- Lead and manage design process liaising with relevant stakeholders
- Monitor Progress of construction works and manage change process and contract implications
- Coordinate handover process and transition into operation with end users
To succeed in this role
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate key skills and experience in the following key areas:
- Pre-construction experience is key for this role and to be able to demonstrate involvement in assessing viability of sites, procurement of works and services, securing planning consent and the design stages.
- A proven track record managing projects from inception to completion
- Experience in leading multi-discipline teams
- Reading drawings and design specifications
- Good experience and understanding cost reports, and the application within business case evaluations and appraisals.
- Experience in the formation and administration of NEC / JCT (or similar) forms of contract.
It is preferable that the candidate is degree qualified in a Construction / Property related discipline and moving towards (if not already) Chartered Status. It is also preferable that applicants are also CAD and BIM literate, and have knowledge and understanding of Project Management techniques and software (i.e. Prince2, MSP, Excel, Power Project or similar).
What we offer in return
We care about our colleagues and their wellbeing and have been nationally recognised for this. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. We focus on our colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around! Here is an example below on what you can expect:
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flu Jab
- Group life assurance
- Reduced cost gym membership
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced Family friendly policies
- Home electronics and Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working options, including hybrid working
To apply please complete the application form and send it to us with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications – 19th August 2022
Interviews will be held on the 5th September 2022
Competitive salary - Dependent upon experience.
We will Advance Northumberland's economic prosperity, regenerate communities, improve livability and create a more connected and aspirational County
Get in touch to see how we can support you and your business.Contact us