The project involved careful and consideration restoration and conversion of one of Berwick-upon-Tweeds most historic buildings – the building known as the Cowe Buildings in Bridge St. The buildings were owned by the firm of William Cowe and Sons which was established in 1801 and who were famous for the production of the Berwick Cockle. The firm moved into the Bridge Street properties in the mid-1880s where it remained until it closed in 2010. The buildings were famously depicted in a 1938 painting by renowned artist L S Lowry.
Back to Case Studies