Manor Walks sets up donation drop off point to help Ukrainians
Manor Walks Shopping and Leisure has set up a donation drop off point in the shopping centre to enable the Cramlington community to donate essential aid items for Ukrainian refugees.
With stories of Ukrainians being forced to flee their homes to escape the conflict, the centre has been inundated with requests from shoppers with how they can support those in need.
From today, donations can be left in the Pop-Up Shop unit daily from 10am to 3pm. The shopping centre is working with charitable organisations under the guidance of the Ukrainian Embassy to collect the items and transport the supplies to Poland in the next few weeks.
Robin Earl, Chief Operating Officer at Advance Northumberland said: “I, like lots of people, have been deeply affected by the news coverage of the crisis in Ukraine; and we should be doing whatever we can to help. The increasing severity of the situation in Ukraine is extremely concerning and we stand in solidarity with all of those affected.”
From left to right: Graham Rodgers, David Harvey and Nick Lambert, Centre Management Team
If you would like to support the appeal, customers are being asked to donate the following products:
Personal hygiene products (New and unopened)
- soaps, shower gels, shampoos and hair conditioners, hairbrushes
- toothbrushes and toothpaste, for children and adults
- antiperspirants and deodorants
- face creams and tonics, hand creams
- sanitary towels, tampons, panty liners
- larger sanitary pads for women in puerperium and nursing pads (breastfeeding pads)
- wet wipes, nappies of various sizes, tissues, cotton pads
- first aid kits
- bandages, gauze and swabs, tourniquets, plasters, disposable gloves
- anti-pain, anti-fever and anti-inflammatory drugs for children and adults
- vitamins for children
- something for the cough, sore throat, stomach problems, nasal drops
For children, to keep them occupied and distracted, to make them smile:
- colouring books and crayons/markers
- small puzzles
- small soft toys/ cuddly toys
- sweets: chocolates, bars, snacks, etc.
Clothing in different sizes (please bring NEW items):
- women's and children's underwear
- cotton T-shirts, sweatshirts and tracksuits
- thermoactivated clothing
- cotton leggings for women
- women's slippers, children's and women's pyjamas
- bath towels
- baby porridge, baby rice, fruit/vegetable snacks in tubes (not jars),
- instant foods such as soups, etc.
- long-term foods such as canned food, etc.
- paper towels, cutlery and disposable plates
- sleeping bags, mats, blankets
- power banks, batteries, flashlights