Project Manager / Senior Project Managers – Commercial and Infrastructure Development
Competitive salary + excellent benefits - Dependent upon experience.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Project Managers and Senior Project Managers to join the team, to work on range of prestigious projects across a number of sectors (Town centre regeneration, Education, Leisure, Retail, Marine and Residential )
Your new organisation:
Advance Northumberland is an arms-length development company with strategic and operational influence to drive economic development, physical regeneration projects, and business growth in Northumberland.
The successful candidates will work closely with the Head of Project Management and Director of Commercial and Infrastructure to deliver this organisations growth strategy including all project management activity in relation to commercial and infrastructure development.
Advance Northumberland also play a vital role delivering Regeneration and Capital Projects on behalf of Northumberland County Council and have committed projects totalling £130m and a strong pipeline of future prospects.
Your new role:
We have a range of roles available within our developments team, to support multiple larger capital projects and lead on small-medium capital projects varying in value, scale, use and complexity from concept/feasibility through to operational handover.
You will work with and support the Head of Project Management in the delivery of projects within complex stakeholder environments, which will cover a variety of sectors and projects inclusive of: retail, leisure, commercial, residential and industrial.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to play a lead role in exciting projects including the Regeneration of Blyth Town Centre, Northumberland Energy Park and the delivery of Leisure Centre, Theatre and Cinema Builds projects across the County of Northumberland.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Manage the planning and implementation of projects including advising on project scope, budget, programme, goals and deliverables.
- Manage project budget and report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all health and safety and quality assurance procedures are followed.
- Assess and understand project constraints, risks and key stakeholder interest.
- Assess suitability of development sites in cooperation with Head of Investments.
- Identify resource requirements and progress the project through the RIBA Workstages, achieving agreed deadlines.
- Procurement of consultants, surveys and contractors – in accordance with public regulations, including OJEU
- Lead and manage design process liaising with relevant stakeholders
- Monitor Progress of construction works and manage change process and contract implications
- Coordinate handover process and transition into operation with end users
To succeed in this role:
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate key skills and experience in the following key areas:
- Pre-construction experience is key for this role and to be able to demonstrate involvement in assessing viability of sites, procurement of works and services, securing planning consent and the design stages.
- A proven track record managing projects from inception to completion
- Experience in leading multi-discipline teams
- Reading drawings and design specifications
- Good experience and understanding cost reports, and the application within business case evaluations and appraisals.
- Experience in the formation and administration of NEC / JCT (or similar) forms of contract.
It is preferable that the candidate is degree qualified in a Construction / Property related discipline and moving towards (if not already) Chartered Status. It is also preferable that applicants are also CAD and BIM literate, and also have knowledge and understanding of Project Management techniques and software (i.e. Prince2, MSP, Excel, Power Project or similar).
What you will get in return:
This organisation offers a competitive salary, mobile phone and laptop as well as excellent benefits inclusive of:
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 3 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Half price gym membership
- Cash plan
- Various Salary Sacrifice Schemes
- Flexible working options, including home working