ADVANCE NORTHUMBERLAND DEVELOPMENTS
About Advance Northumberland
Advance Northumberland is a property Investment, Estate Management and Development Company. Building new homes for rent and sale, attracting investment and business growth, managing delivery of major projects, providing a diverse portfolio to support businesses and regeneration and helping you find a place to call home.
We are looking for a Site Manager to join Ascent Homes, the house building brand of Advance Northumberland. Passionate about building high quality new homes, with locations right across Northumberland we hand pick our stunning locations to ensure we create unique homes to complement and enhance their individual surroundings.
Having achieved significant growth over the last 3 years, Advance Northumberland & Ascent Homes have a clear ambition to lead and drive delivery, secure investment and provide a vibrant place for people and businesses in Northumberland.
Your new role: As the Site Manager:
Key duties & responsibilities:
- To successfully deliver new build housing developments, safely, to the specified quality, on time and to budget.
- Develop a close working partnership with the Commercial team to enable accurate reporting on the current and projected financial status of schemes as well as identifying any contractual or commercial risks
- To ensure adherence to and monitor health and safety procedures and documentation on site in compliance with current health and safety policy and legislation.
- Ensure segregation of “build areas” from handed over “purchaser areas” at all times.
- Ensure sites are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness and presentation appropriate to that of a large regional housebuilder.
- Requisition materials and plant through the Buyer in a timely manner to allow procurement to meet the construction programme.
- Effective liaison with Head Office departments, on-site Sales Executives, Subcontract suppliers and external Clients.
- To ensure Method Statements / Risk Assessments have been vetted for each appointed sub-contractor and ensure construction phase plan for the development is compliant with CDM Regulations in line with Ascent Homes policies.
- Ensure all snagging and post entry snagging is completed on time and that Ascent Homes Customer Care Department are kept updated on a weekly basis
To succeed in this role:
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate key skills and experience in the following key areas:
- Promote and ensure a “Customer first” approach is adopted by all site personnel.
- To control sub-contractors and ensure that legislation is adhered to delivering the quality Ascent Homes expect.
- To act on all occasions with tact and diplomacy in order to positively promote the image and ethos of Ascent Homes and its activities.
- Lead and manage highly successful site teams with the drive to deliver and achieve.
- Qualified to relevant Construction qualifications – NVQ level 6 / SMSTS.
- Track record of successful delivery of housing developments valued over £1 million in the private / public sector.
- Experience of NHBC Standards & Compliance across all trades
What you will get in return:
This organisation offers a competitive salary, the tools you need to do the job and a range of benefits which include:-
26 days holiday + bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 3 years’ service
Generous contributory pension scheme.
Half price gym membership
Cash plan health support
Various Salary Sacrifice Schemes.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability and interest in the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14th May 2021
For an informal discussion please contact Foster Innes, Head of Construction on 07951530469.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your application, please email email@example.com