Engineering Design Coordinator
About Advance Northumberland
Advance Northumberland is a property Investment, Estate Management and Development Company. Building new homes for rent and sale, attracting investment and business growth, managing delivery of major projects, providing a diverse portfolio to support businesses and regeneration and helping you find a place to call home. We are looking for an Engineering Design Co-ordinator to join our Ascent Homes team.
Ascent Homes is the house building brand of Advance Northumberland. Passionate about building high quality new homes, with locations right across Northumberland we hand pick our stunning locations to ensure we create unique homes to complement and enhance their individual surroundings.
Having achieved significant growth over the last 5 years, we have a clear ambition to lead and drive delivery, secure investment and provide a vibrant place for people and businesses in Northumberland.
Your new role: As the Engineering Design Co-ordinator
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of engineering information provided both internally and externally is of the highest standards.
- Assist with site queries in relations to civil and structural issues and relay back to consultants
- Procure / produce information to assist the legal/sales team (deed plans etc)
- Build strong working relationships with external engineering consultants
- Actively participate, contribute and lead in design team meetings
To succeed in this role:
You must be able to demonstrate key skills and experience in the following key areas:
- Experience of planning, organising and prioritising own workload
- Experience working with Auto CAD is essential
- Experience in registering sites as well as clearing conditions with NHBC and LABC
- Experience primarily in civil engineering to aid in evaluation of road, drainage and levels information.
- Dealing with section approvals (i.e. road and sewer adoptions etc.). Some geotechnical knowledge would also be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in dealing with utility providers and liaison with utility engineers to deliver services (gas, water, electric) to site.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised and motivated and able to work well both in a team and independently
What you will get in return:
We care about our colleagues and their wellbeing and have been nationally recognised for this. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. We focus on our colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around! Here is an example below on what you can expect:
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flu Jab
- Group life assurance
- Reduced cost gym membership
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced Family friendly policies
- Home electronics and Cycle to work scheme
To apply please complete the application form and send it to us with a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion please contact Steven Bowers, Senior Technical Design Manager on 01670 719920.
Pre-employment checks: We will undertake the relevant/ standard employment checks if you’re successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks, including medical history and DBS. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your application, please email email@example.com