Newbiggin Sports & Community Centre Refurbishment
Plans to upgrade, refurbish and remodel Newbiggin Sports and Community Centre can be viewed on the boards below.
Residents can give their comments on the proposals by emailing email@example.com or handing in their written comments at Newbiggin Sports Centre reception
Northumberland County Council has agreed to fund the £1.5 million upgrade which will provide modern, flexible leisure, library and community spaces. Plans include:
- A new entrance
- the relocation of the library within the centre
- the creation of a community café and hub area
- improved changing facilities including those for outdoor sports.
- the creation of a dedicated studio space
- the relining of the sports hall floor
- changing and toilet facilities for adults with additional needs or older children who need privacy and space
- the refurbishment of the squash courts and viewing gallery
- redecoration throughout the centre
- some essential repairs to the fabric of the building.
The centre has two external full sized football pitches that are used by a number of local teams; Northumberland County Council has been working with the Football Foundation to provide new and enhanced grass pitches to the rear of the centre.
Detailed plans for the centre will be submitted to Northumberland County Council’s planning service in December and if approved, it is hoped that work will start in Spring 2021 and be complete towards the end of 2021.